Sunday 14 October 2012

Some Drawing

So this is a quick post of a few drawings.

Firstly this one. I'm not particularly happy with this one. It was done in our life drawing class, and you probably can't make it out but it's a close up for skeleton ribs. It needed a lot more tone and depth, and took way too long. The only good thing was I counted the ribs correctly.


 This was a small homework task to draw a gun using perspective. I really struggled with this too. I really didn't understand the text for drawing circles in perspective, and I have no idea what to do for angled parts (like the handle). So I shall be asking Steve for some advice tomorrow.



Finally we have a small study on bugs. These were quick sketches on a selection of bugs. I wanted to explore a few shapes for insects; the bodies, legs, and wings. I found a few common trends in the legs and feet, the bodies also. I'm glad I done these and now I'm thinking about picking one bug, and drawing it in several views to then try and model!


I left it there for the night as I was starting to get annoyed with my drawing - it's definitely not my strong point.

Thankfully it's 3D tomorrow. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment