Monday 3 December 2012

Steam punk Frog

This week's brief was for character design. We had to either create with Sculptris a 3D model, or draw a character.

Sculptris is going to require a lot more practice, so I decided to complete this one 2D.



I am not happy with this piece. I had the full motorbike in there to begin with. But I couldn't achieve the detail I wanted, nor the perspective on the wheels. Because it ruined everything else I decided to crop it this time.

I feel I've captured movement with the scarf and hat direction, though my frog seems lifeless. I couldn't achieve a decent texture on the skin without making it look too busy, and nothing I tried boosted the specular values without messing up the lighting completely.

Things I did like were my attention to detail on the leather goggles, and the shape of the frogs head.

No comments:

Post a Comment