Tuesday 5 February 2013

Lego

Well if that title doesn't boost my blog views, nothing will.

So this weeks task was to do a paint over. This is basically the concept of painting over a model in Photoshop, so your models lighting is already defined, you just have to add texture and colour.

The theme was Turrets so I got started by creating a mood board, followed by doing some quick sketches for some ideas.




As you can see, my drawings weren't too successful this time. So I turned to LEGO!


I then put this into Photoshop and started to draw the important shapes.






After this concept was drawn I had enough information to begin modelling in Maya.








 Now I had my final model I just had to render it before starting my paint over.


Here are my paint over stages:













My Final Image



 I was quite happy with my final outcome, I think to improve it I would have to do a new render. I think I need to apply materials to the floor and backdrop so that I can create a better environment for the turret to sit in.

However, having said that this concentrates detail on the model instead of deterring the viewer into the background.







No comments:

Post a Comment