Friday 29 November 2013

Merry Christmas

I know it's early, but this is something that has to be printed and sent out in the post for the winning design. This week's task was a competition for a Christmas Card. It had to be A6 for print, at 300dpi, and it had to contain santa, or a santa-like-creature/machine/thing.

Obviously it had to trend towards computer games, and jolly - so no dead Santas... I decided to head down a GTA influenced design.

Here is my submission:




I wanted a quick but efficient process so I decided to go for a photo-mash-paintover. This was a great technique which meant that I didn't have to get too bogged down with proportions and lighting. My main concern for this project was to get something presentable, stylised, and visually appealing. I think I achieved this goal, I am very happy with the outcome.

The image below contains the images that I had to mash together to try and obtain my final composition. 


Click the link below to download my .PSD file to check out my layers. I have deliberately left some which I didn't use, as I feel these help explain some of my thought process.

 Click to Download

I drew the majority of the image using the lasso tool and picking limited colours, often trying to reuse colours that I already had in the scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment