Friday 7 February 2014

Colour Studies

I decided to spend some time today on colour studies. I feel that I need to practice composition, textures, and getting the correct relationships between colours as I currently struggle with this.

To help prevent myself getting bogged down with details, I restricted myself to 45mins each and also did not use the colour picker.

This was my first attempt that I was really happy with. I feel that I've learnt a lot about painting mountains, and using faded colours on distance.


My second attempt didn't go as well, I particularly liked my water in this one; learning about the colour relationship that water has with the surroundings was fun.

I really struggled with getting the right colour dirt however. I kept going too saturated, or too grey, and couldn't get across that 'dry' look.




No comments:

Post a Comment