Tuesday 1 April 2014

Rubbish Stuff

Ok, Cheesy title. This was an art test we were assigned for 1 week. We were given some reference images and had to create a realistic, yet low poly, pile of rubbish.


I am relatively happy with how my finished asset looked. I loved my small details like the wet cardboard, the cardboard tape, and the trickery with the cola bottle. To make the cola bottle look see through, I gave it a brown tint so that it looked like you can see the cardboard through it.

The restrictions we had were as follows:

  • Under 500 Tris
  • Only AO and Diffuse maps at 1024x1024
  • Use real photo references to create the model and textures.
Having restrictions was actually very useful. It gave me a goal to work towards, and restrictions for not going over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment