Thursday 1 May 2014

Low Poly Revolver Art Test

For this task, we were presented with a piece of concept art in a quirky cartoon style. It was to be used in a low poly environment in a top down view, hence why I have included a top-down render to show it's form.


The main difficulty with this model, a long with the low tri limit, was the small texture maps! When trying to work with the normal maps, everything just looked too pixelated and clunky.

I started with a  high poly build as I didn't want to be held back on the form. I then took this into Maya and using the new Quad Draw option I created a low poly mesh:


If I was to do the task again, I think I would make an even HIGHER poly mesh to draw more details from rather than trying to paint some of the normals using nDo.


No comments:

Post a Comment