Thursday 22 November 2012

Life Drawing / Observation Drawing

So I have yet to post any of the work from our Wednesday afternoon lesson as I have had to wait to be able to photograph them in some-what decent lighting conditions.

All the drawings were done on A2 paper, with either charcoal, pencil, or ink.



I included this close up of the head as I spent a lot of time here. I really like the way I've really made it pop out of the page using the background. But making some of the edges quite strong It helps suggest which are sharp and which are soft, rounded edges.


 After a break a grid was put behind our subject. This really helped create a perspective as we could use the negative space between the grids.


This is a small ink piece where by putting suggestive background shadow helps create the scene's full lighting.

This first page of sketches were all quick 2-3 minute sketches. A very good warm up exercise, and great practice for proportions and breaking down shapes.






The time was then increased to a few 15 minute sketches.



The time was then increased again to 30 minutes.



This final image took a lot of re-working. I constantly kept drawing what I wanted too, however once I overcome that, I achieved a great sense of perspective! Really happy with the results, and also learn a lot. Again using the negative shapes it helps to draw what you actually see and not what the mind is telling you you're seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment