Tuesday 22 January 2013

Character Design - Insectiod

This week's task was a character design on the subject of Insectiods.

I decided to take a more realistic bug look which could be used as an almost-alien like enemy which will be seeking you (the player) out to kill.

I researched many bugs and created a mood board before then creating three possible designs.



I then continued with some sketches based on my mood board:


...And then took it digital:



Below is my following outcome:


Description:

The Probigalon is a giant mutation of the every day Mosquito. It can be found in the larger caves, more than a mile underground. 

To defeat one you must penetrate its 6" thick plated body whilst avoiding being caught by the Tentacle stings on the front. 

If you get caught it will target your head. The tentacles will penetrate any orifice and once a strong hold is achieved it will rip apart the skull leaving an opening to feed upon.





No comments:

Post a Comment